Wednesday, August 22, 2012


After the Writing, Comes the Marketing

My book, The Hurting Game, in Kindle and trade paperback formats is up and rocking on Amazon.com. Biggest problem to deal with now is who do I send free ones to and who must pay. I limited the freebies to close friends, reviewers, and those who helped me with the book.

My son, Alex, goes to this NYC nightclub a lot and has sold 5 Kindle copies of my book. His friends just took out their wifi devices and ordered on the spot. Since he is now a salesman for my work, I bought him custom-designed business cards and a silver card holder.

The only downside is that publishing has proven to be a huge infringement on my writing time. There is so much to do, like marketing. But it is what it is.

Meanwhile my author website is almost done, and it’s awesome. Created (with input from me) by the very talented William Trillo, who also did my trailer. The website is: www.NathanGottlieb.com.

My book trailer, a shade over two minutes, can be found here on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fsJZlvxYYk

The exciting thing is that there is so much more writing to come. The Hurting Game is just book 1 of The Frank Boff mystery series, and I have already finished books 2, 3, and 4, working on five. Plan to bring out a new book roughly every 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment